No Deposit Sites – Update March 2020
The idea of getting something for nothing can immediately ring alarm bells in our minds, but online bingo sites are a very different proposition. There is no reason for them to offer a deal that isn’t legitimate, as sites are in competition with each other for players.
We’re seeing a general trend this year to better and fairer no deposit bonuses. They may not be as big as they were in the past. But often, they represent a better deal for the player.
About No Deposit Sites
When new bingo sites launch their main concern is attracting customers. Many will boast a no deposit offer to entice as many new players to sign up as possible. It encourages these players to then stay around on the site, playing bingo games for money.
You may like the idea of being able to get a feel for a new site and play some games, all without having to spend anything at all. And then if you do like the site, you can go ahead and make the commitment to deposit. If you don’t, then there are no financial implications in leaving the site and just moving on.
Theoretically therefore, it is in the sites’ best interest to provide great games, a good community feel, and attractive offers and promotions. These are the things that will keep a player coming back for more.
Our Current Favourite No Deposit Bingo Sites
There are sadly fewer and fewer, but these are still the best!
- 888ladies: 888ladies enters the chart for the first time! Big welcome to this fabulous Dragonfish site.
- MrQ: An unusual bingo/slots site that is built on its own platform. Its welcome bonuses are also slightly unusual. But they are great; you get free bingo tickets without having to deposit a penny. They even offer a £5 deposit bingo bonus now.
- 32 Red Bingo: This is one of the longest running and most enduring no deposit bingo offers. Even Ant & Dec are still on the homepage, though we may not be seeing Ant again for a while. This is high quality stuff from a really well respected brand.
(OUT) Big Tease Bingo: This arty Dragonfish site is very popular with our users. It doesn’t really make much of a song and dance about it’s no deposit offers. And this maybe because they were plotting to get rid of it. Because now it is gone! Hence, Big Tease Bingo has been knocked off our no deposit bingo chart!
Types of No Deposit Sites
There are several forms of no deposit bonuses that you may come across while on your hunt for the best online bingo site:
- No deposit cash bonus – Probably the best kind of no deposit bonus there is. This will usually be about £5-£15 of bingo bonus that you can spend on any bingo games (though there may be restrictions – check the site’s T&Cs before you sign up) and you will have a certain amount of time to use it. It is normally only valid for bingo games, not slots or casino.
- Free spins – Some sites offer free spins on slots games when you sign up. Occasionally these will be spins that you can use across a variety of games, but you will usually be restricted to one game – some sites will let you choose one out of a selection.
- Bingo tickets – This is like a more restrictive version of the no deposit cash bonus – this bonus will be given to you in the form of tickets for individual games. They will only be usable in particular rooms, and it may be at specified times.
As we mentioned, one of our favourite sites, Big Tease Bingo, offers an incredible “Newbies Play for Free” promotion. All you have to do is register and give your card details to play both bingo and receive slot spins! There’s a reason why Big Tease are at the top of our list. Even above the other Dragonfish sites. We love a site that makes their new customers feel welcome. Of course, full terms apply and you can find all the details you need under the listing above.*
*Big Tease no longer has a no deposit offer
There’s generally no difference between no deposit bingo sites and others when it comes to making a deposit, so you can expect to be able to use common payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, bank transfer, pay by phone, and more.
The Small Print
Of course, no deposit bonuses aren’t always as simple as just being given free money to play with! There are plenty of rules and restrictions that come with no deposit bonuses, and depending on the site, some of them may be so strict that it’s almost not worth claiming the bonus at all.
- Free bingo – Some sites allow you to sign up with your card details and start playing bingo right away – great! The catch? Often, free bingo games will only have tiny cash prizes, or prizes that are given as bonus. Your access to free bingo may also be limited – some sites only offer access to particular games at certain times, or your access may expire after a certain number of days from registration.
- Wagering requirements – As with most bonuses, you’ll most likely have to wager your no deposit bonus several times before you can withdraw anything (even if you’ve made a minimum deposit). And the downside is that many sites actually have higher wagering requirements for no deposit bonuses than for other bonuses – for example, you may be required to wager the no deposit bonus six times compared to four times for a first deposit bonus.
- Withdrawals – It’s incredibly rare that you’ll be able to withdraw winnings from games without having deposited. Often you’ll need to deposit a certain amount (and wager it several times) before you are allowed to withdraw any money.
- Forfeits – If you decide you want to withdraw your winnings, you can generally make a deposit and take out your prize. But be prepared to sacrifice the rest of your bonus if you make the withdrawal before it’s all used up!
- Time limit – Most bonuses don’t last very long. You’ll generally have about a week or so to use up your no deposit bonus before it expires – so get playing! The terms and conditions should state how long you have from sign-up before the bonus expires, so make sure to check them before you register.
- Bingo tickets – With new tax regulations having kicked in in August 2017, many bingo sites have dropped their no deposit bonuses – some sites now only offer free spins or bingo tickets, which don’t face the same tax rules and which limit your options as you’re only allowed to use them on certain games. Still better than nothing, but it might mean that you won’t be able to try out certain bingo rooms or games before depositing.
- Mobile play – Sometimes bingo sites won’t let you claim the no deposit bonus if you’re playing on your mobile – you’ll have to login to the site on desktop to claim it instead.
Features and Sites
The features that we know players are typically interested in are: how busy and lively will the site be? Is the bingo room screen clearly presented, and is the site easy to navigate in general? How high quality are the big money games and promotions? Are the side games and chat games any good? What are the chat hosts like? Are the other players fun to chat to? How is the customer service?
While it’s entirely possible to withdraw any winnings as cash, it should be noted that wagering requirements could mean that you need to play and make deposits for a long while before winnings can be withdrawn. Some players have been very lucky with no deposit bingo sites and won huge jackpots. Most however, may win modest amounts or sometimes nothing at all.
Some sites require credit card details to be entered upon registration, but this is purely for verification purposes. No money will be taken from your bank account without your permission. This method is also used to stop people from claiming the welcome bonus multiple times.
Many sites offer alternative payments to cards, including Paypal and Paysafecard. This ensure your bank details are even more secure, due to the fact you don’t need to give out any information to sign up to receive your no deposit offer.