Safer Gambling Week 2022
Once again, Safer Gambling Week is taking place to help lead the national conversation about responsible and safe gambling awareness.
In this year’s article, we’ll reaffirm Safer Gambling Week’s mission and how talking about its aims can help us all have a happier and healthier time on our favourite games.
What is Safer Gambling Week?
SGW is an annual campaign supported by the entire breadth of the UK gambling industry in order to do the following:
- Raise awareness of a safer approach to gambling
- Provide information on all the tools available to players
- Offer support further sources of help, advice and support for those that feel they need it.
The event is administered by the Betting and Gaming council but the real answer is everyone in the industry! Part of what makes this such an important campaign is that everybody is amplifying these fantastic messages. Whether it’s online bingo operators, affiliates like us, the regulators, charities or big bricks and mortar casino brands, everyone is talking about Safer Gambling Week. Everyone has the same aim; to make gambling as safe as it can possibly be.
What are some of these Safer Gambling Tools?
- Set Time or Deposits Limits
- Self-exclude from gambling, including via GAMSTOP
- Block Gambling Websites
- Limit the Gambling Content you can see
- Block Gambling Payments with your band
Where can I get further support and help?
Part of Safer Gambling Week’s mission is to make sure everyone has someone to call or a resource to look up. These are some of the main ones on the SGW website:
- National Gambling Treatment Service (Number: 0808 8020 133 – Free)
- Northern Ireland National Gambling Helpline (Number: 08000 886 725 – Free)
- Republic of Ireland National Gambling Helpline (Number: 1800 936 725 – Free)
- Gambling Care Ireland
Throughout this week, we will be amplifying the message on our website as well as sharing all sorts of fantastic content on our social media profiles. Now is the best time to get educated on safe gambling!