Basic Bingo Guide - Different Types of Bingo Games
Basic Bingo: 2020 Update
Welcome to our Basic Bingo Guide, which we’ve given a much needed revamp for 2019. Here you can learn about the different types of bingo games that you can find online. Before, we just gave you a brief introduction and explanation to get you on your way. Now, we’ve got visual aids and pictures to help you picture your moves better. What’s more, we are also listing the best bingo sites that have each game. This will save you having to scrabble around looking for the bingo game that you’ve now become a fully fledged expert in. We’ve also added in some extra nuggets of new information here and there including 30 Ball Bingo, which didn’t feature in this guide before.
This page has been too tired for too long. Now we can send you off in to the world of online bingo much more efficient and with a greater sense of how to play each game.
New to bingo, whether in a hall or online? Or are you a 90 ball bingo loyalist and fancy trying out a game of 5 line bingo? You might find our guide helpful – on this page we go through the rules of the most popular forms of bingo played on bingo sites. These will include:
- 90 ball bingo
- 75 ball bingo
- 80 ball bingo
- 30 ball bingo
- 5 line (Swedish) bingo
Different Types of Online Bingo
90 Ball Bingo
Deposit & Spend £5, Get £15 Bingo Bonus, 50 Spins + Guaranteed Daily Win on Christmas Spinner
90 ball bingo is the most common form of bingo played in the UK and is played both in bingo halls and online – pretty much every bingo site you play on will offer 90 ball bingo! As can be expected, there are 90 balls in play.
The bingo cards in this game are made up of three horizontal rows and nine columns. There are fifteen numbers printed on each card, ranging from 1-90 and printed randomly. The online game is usually played with strips of six tickets with all 90 numbers in play, although they can also be bought individually.
Deposit & Spend £5, Get £10 Bingo Bonus & £15 Slot Bonus + 25 Free Spins
Like Buzz Bingo, Paddy Power Bingo is a Virtue Fusion site which has many 90 Ball Bingo Games.
There are three chances of winning a prize – by getting one line, two lines or full house. Sometimes the same person can win all three prizes! One line requires marking off all the numbers on one line, two lines requires marking off all the numbers on two lines, and full house requires marking off all the numbers on the card.
75 Ball Bingo
Deposit £10, Get 1005 Bingo Tickets + 40 Free Spins
Loads a Bingo, a relaunched Dragonfish site, features 75 Ball Bingo games.
75 ball bingo is another common form of bingo, and is the favourite version in the USA, where it is played in bingo clubs. It’s another form that you’ll find on most UK bingo sites, so you’ll likely become familiar with it quickly. With only 75 balls in play, these bingo games tend to be quicker than 90 ball bingo games.
The bingo cards in this game are 5×5 squares, with the centre square usually marked off as a free space. Sometimes the cards are marked with patterns, and the first person to stamp off all the numbers on the pattern wins. There’s only one chance to win with this game, no one or two line prizes – so it can get a bit more intense than 90 ball bingo!
5 Line Bingo
5 line bingo is also known as Swedish bingo, and involves – yes, you guessed it – 5 lines on your bingo card! There are 75 balls in play, but there are some key differences from 75 ball bingo. The first is that the word ‘BINGO’ is printed along the top of the 5×5 card – with one letter above each column.
- The B column contains five random numbers ranging from 1 through 15.
- The I column contains five numbers ranging from 16 through 30.
- The N column contains five numbers ranging from 31 to 45.
- The G column contains five numbers ranging from 46 to 60.
- The O column contains five numbers ranging from 61 to 75.
Deposit £10, Get a £40 Slots & Bingo Bonus Bundle
You can find 5 line bingo at good 888 bingo sites like Wink Bingo
There is also no free space in the centre of the card like in 75 ball bingo. And instead of just one way to win, there’s five! Here are the different ways to win:
- Single Line Win: First player to mark off one full line of numbers.
- Double Line Win: First player to mark off two full lines of numbers.
- Three Line Win: First player to mark off three full lines of numbers.
- Four Line Win: First player to mark off four full lines of numbers.
- Full House: First player to mark off all five lines of numbers.
Most games will allow for a full horizontal, diagonal or vertical line to be counted as a win.
80 Ball Bingo
Deposit & Spend £10, Get £30 Bingo Bonus + £20 Slots Bonus & £10 Mecca Club Vouchers
Mecca Bingo features Cashline Bingo, a popular 80 Ball Bingo Game.
Another form of bingo you might see at your favourite bingo site is 80 ball bingo. In this game, each ticket is made up of 16 squares in 4×4. Every square contains a number, and every number from 1-80 will appear on a strip – five tickets.
There are four types of 80 ball bingo.
- Any Single Line: Stamp off the numbers of any single line – horizontal, vertical, diagonal – or the four corners or centre squares to win.
- Any Line, House: There are two chances to win in this game. The first is the same as Any Single Line, and the second way to win is to get full house by marking off all the numbers on the card.
- Any Line, Columns, House: There are four chances to win in this game. The first is the same as Any Single Line. The second is to mark off all numbers in two columns (vertical lines), and the third is to mark off all the numbers in three columns. The fourth way is to get full house.
- Full House or Pattern Bingo: There is only one prize in this game. Players must either cover the entire card, or a specific defined pattern.
30 Ball Bingo
Deposit £10, Get £20 Bingo Bonus & £20 Slots Bonus + 15 Free Spins
30 Ball Bingo is new online bingo phenomenon. With 9 squares, 3 columns by 3 rows and no free space, this is the most quickfire version of bingo yet. It is the perfect newbie bingo game for those who may not feel particularly comfortable with the rules of the longer form game. The rules are so incredibly simple; simply “daub” out your small 3×3 card and you’ve won. That’s just nine numbers to win.
888ladies have been huge proponents of this version of the game. Check out their version of the game above.
Thanks for checking out our new and improved Basic Bingo Guide to different types of bingo games. Be a basic bingo b**** no more!