The Best of Bingo Birthdays
DIY Party Ideas
Birthdays only come once a year so we’ve got to make them special. For all you bingo lovers out there, why not try a bingo-themed birthday bash? Here are some great ideas to get the birthday ball rolling….
1. Keep the theme red, black and white! Just check out this picture to the right; its filled with all the glitz and glam of gambling, plus looks downright beautiful. Food would be especially snazzy – just think of bright red berries dripped in white chocolate fondant, with dark chocolate buttons (big enough to be gambling chips) and a glass of red wine on the side!
2. Try printing out some bingo card napkins. There’s been a huge trend lately of the birthday boy/girl printing out their favorite pictures onto serviettes. Try the same, but with bingo ticket pics! You could even have the birthday boy/girl play caller, then literally daub away at the napkins while you eat!
3. Hand out bingo-filled party bags to your guests. All your friends will definitely appreciate some vouchers to their favourite online bingo sites, a collection of quirky daubers and other bingo-themed knick knacks (perhaps a key-chain or a bouncy bingo ball).
4. Play birthday buzzword bingo! This is a brilliant game – draw out a bingo grid and fill it with words/phrases you think people might say at the birthday (e.g. “congratulations”, “here’s your present”, “another year older”, etc). The first person to cross off all the words from their makeshift bingo card, as the other guests say them, wins a prize!
5. Whether you’re having a sit-down meal or a buffet banquet, why not try doing it bingo-style? You could make a menu with ‘Dauber Drumsticks’, ‘Paddy Power Prawn Cocktails’ or a ‘Gala Bingo Gateau’. All your favourite foods are sure to become bingo-licious.
6. If there are children in the house, all you need to keep them occupied is flour, powder food colouring and a stencil. Curious? Its simple. Put the flour into several bowels then mix each bowel with a different food colouring – you should end up with a variety of colours. Next, just give the kids a stencil each and set them to work with the food courling, making lots of different, bingo-related shapes on the ground outside. Could be bingo balls, tickets, daubers, company logos; let their imaginations run wild. Its easy to clean off too!
7. Bingo isn’t the only numbers game out there. Try putting on a raffle, tombola or a lottery at your birthday party. With big prizes up for grabs, tensions running high and a crowd of friends to giggle along, you might just have the time of your life.
8. Last, but not least, teach your guests to juggle! How does this relate to bingo, you might ask? Well, try juggling bingo balls! You might need to hire a professional juggler, but in return you’d get some cool new skills to show off to friends and family.
There you have it! Bingo birthdays may be quirky, but they’re also a whole lot of fun. The more the party/presents suit your personality, the more special your birthday will be. WDW highly recommends Prezzybox to get even more ideas for that someone special – “With themes like unusual gits, joke gifts, spa sets, experience days, homewares, personalised and much, much more we have a great selection of birthday gifts for everyone.” Be sure to check out their wide range of quirky decorations and gifts, from a Steepletone Record Player to a Smartphone Projector, and much, much more!
Top 5 Bingo Birthday Cakes
Plus, look at these brilliant examples of birthday cakes gone bingo-mad…