No Wagering Sites: The Definition
No wagering bingo bonuses are, to put it simply, bingo bonuses that don’t require you to wager money. This can mean several different things depending on the operator, and the type of bonus offered can vary wildly between sites.
March 2020 Update
All the big new bingo releases over the prior 6 months have something major in common. Their welcome bonuses all have no wagering requirements. Let’s have a little recap:
August 2018: Loads a Bingo
A rapturous relaunch – we have an exclusive welcome offer and there are still no wagering requirements!
September 2018: MrQ
An entirely new type of site on a unique platform. Free bingo, SMS spins and no wagering requirements have made this a popular new addition.
October 2018: Buzz Bingo
This enormous online opening followed their equally imperious retail launch. The online welcome bonus, which of course is wagering requirement free, even includes a retail bonus aspect. A true intersectional experience!
November 2018: Dazzle Bingo
The latest Dragonfish site to eschew wagering requirements. This classy new bingo site from the mind of Anna Kelly has a really nice personal touch.
Christmas 2018: Cracker Bingo
A surprise early Christmas release, this is yet another Dragonfish site to throw off the wagering requirements handcuffs. This makes it a record setter, as no previous Christmas themed bingo site has done away with it altogether. It is also the least Christmas dominated festive bingo site. This, coupled with amazing redeposit bonuses EVERY DAY, means that Cracker Bingo can be for life, not just for Christmas.
February 2019: Umbingo
Tropically themed and reminiscent of the 1980’s juice drink, Umbingo is a now wagering bingo paradise that continues in the great Dragonfish no bonus tradition. The first big bingo release of 2019, there is plenty to enjoy including multiple bingo rooms. Check it out!
March 2019: Bingo Storm
Now a permanent fixture on WDW. Enjoy this exciting new Dragonfish no wagering bingo site!
April 2019: Bingo Idol
The latest site from the prolific bunch at Tau Gaming, Bingo Idol is another wagering free website from the people that brought you Blighty & Cracker Bingo. Now there’s an exclusive £5 deposit offer!
August 2019: Bounce Bingo
Bounce Bingo now has an exclusive £5 deposit offer. Hooray!
In addition, Sailor Bingo has moved from a Cozy platform to a no wagering Dragonfish platform. This has proved very popular with our players. Thanks for speaking with your clicks!
About No Wagering Sites
Until recently, most bingo bonuses at online bingo sites were offered simply as bonus cash, with wagering requirements. These could vary between operators, and would be stated in the terms and conditions of the bonus offer – usually written like 4x (deposit + bonus) wagering. But what does this mean?
A 4x (deposit + bonus) offer means that in order to withdraw your winnings, you’ll need to play through the sum of your deposit and bonus FOUR times. So if your deposit was £10 and the bonus was 300%, that means you have to play through £40 x 4. That’s £160! You can see why players aren’t a fan of this small print!
Fortunately for players, it turns out that the CMA wasn’t a fan of these terms either – so they told bingo operators that they must change their T&Cs in order to be fairer to the player. The main thing that needed changing was the wagering requirements – bingo sites could only apply them to the bonus, NOT the deposit. There must also be no obstacle to withdrawing any remaining deposit or any winnings from the deposit. Many sites have changed their offers already, with more to do so over the course of 2018 – while some sites merely changed their wagering requirement to just apply to the bonus, a lot of offers are now no wagering bonuses.
Types of No Wagering Sites
Not all no wagering offers are the same. There are several forms you may come across at an online bingo site:
- Bingo tickets – many sites offer their no deposit bonuses in the form of bingo tickets. You use these tickets in a similar way to bingo bonus cash, but you are allocated a certain number for particular rooms (as opposed to bonus cash, which can be used on whatever bingo games you choose). Winnings are paid as withdrawable cash.
- Slot spins (with winnings paid as bonus) – some online bingo sites offer slots spins as part or all of their no deposit offer. While the slots themselves are technically no wagering, this is where bingo sites can get a bit sneaky – the winnings from these spins are usually paid as a slots bonus, which may have a very high wagering requirement. If you don’t win, you don’t need to worry about the wagering requirement, but if you do, you might be in for a nasty surprise!
- Slot spins (with winnings paid as cash) – this is a rarer offer as it’s much nicer! You spin, you win, you keep the cash, without needing to wager any more money. However, there will be a cap on how much you can win – so don’t expect to win any more than a few pounds.
- Non-withdrawable bingo bonus – this is basically the same old deposit bonus, but with a 1x wagering requirement. You can’t withdraw the bonus, but you can withdraw anything you win as cash. However, sites can be sticky about it. With these bonuses they might force you to spend money in a particular order before you can withdraw (cash first, bonus second), or split your winnings between cash and bonus (meaning you might win a big amount, only to find that it’s paid in 75% non-withdrawable bonus and only 25% withdrawable cash!). Sometimes sites only allow the bonus to count towards the wagering requirement and then make you spend all the cash first…meaning it could be a good long while before you see any money!
Sites Offering No Wagering Bonuses
Presently, no wagering deposit bonuses are commonly found on Dragonfish bingo sites such as those on the Real Bingo Network (Queen Bee Bingo is an example of a site that currently offers this bonus). It’s also becoming more popular among big name brands – BGO Bingo currently offers no wagering spins with a first deposit, and Heart Bingo has also introduced a no wagering offer. As the CMA continues to crack down on sites that offer unfair wagering terms to their customers, it’s likely we’ll be seeing more and more of this kind of offer at bingo sites big and small.
There’s generally no difference between no wagering bingo sites and others when it comes to making a deposit, so you can expect to be able to use common payment methods such as debit cards, credit cards, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, bank transfer, pay by phone, and more. However, you may be required to use a particular method in order to claim the bonus (such as a debit card instead of Skrill, for example).
Advantages and Disadvantages of No Wagering Bonuses
Advantages of No Wagering Bonuses:
- You don’t have to wager lots of money multiple times.
- You can withdraw your winnings as cash.
- You are often given tickets to the most popular bingo rooms.
- Sites tend to be quite generous with the bonus tickets – it’s not unusual to receive £70 or £80 worth of tickets with just a £10 deposit.
Disadvantages of No Wagering Bonuses:
- Bingo tickets will only be allocated for certain games, so you can’t play on everything with them.
- Usually, only certain types of payment method will be accepted in order to claim the bonus.
- Caps on winnings from free spins, or high wagering on winnings.
- Sometimes winnings are granted as more bonus, which means you’ll have to keep playing through them…this can take a long time!
Future of Bingo without Wagering Requirements
After attending the panels at AffiliateFest 2018, it seems increasingly clear that more and more brands will migrate their offers to be wager-free. Fairness and transparency are two critical areas that bingo site operators must address. Removing wagering requirements goes a long way to demystifying obscure terms and conditions for the players.
Sue Dawson from our sister site BestNewBingoSites, represented us on a panel about the future of bingo and casino.
The two most important points were the importance of mobile and the importance of no wagering bonuses!